All Nascar Racing News

Saturday, April 29, 2006

10 Questions: Sorenson

10 Questions: Sorenson
Reed Sorenson has grabbed a double handful of NASCAR racing gusto in 2006, as the young Georgia native is competing full-time in both the Nextel Cup and Busch series.
Sorenson, 20, drives No. 41 Dodges in both series for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates.

But he also has interests outside of racing, and discusses some of them in 10 Questions.

1. If you have an iPod, what's on that bad boy?
Sorenson: Yes, I do. It's got about 1,000 songs on it -- about 500 that I listen to and the other 500 that I don't.

What I'm picking and choosing to listen to definitely depends on my mood. If you've got to get in a fast-paced mood, you've got to listen to some 50 Cent or some Eminem -- or something like that.

If you just want to relax, you've got to listen to some country music. Rascal Flatts is probably my favorite country group.

2. What's your ideal break from the racing grind -- or are you at a stage in your career where you don't consider it an aggravation?

Sorenson: It seems like this year, running the full schedules in Nextel Cup and the Busch series, is going to be a long year. But being 20 years old, I feel like this is what I want to do and I can take a break later in life.

3. What's your favorite outdoor activity?

Sorenson: Lately, I've been trying to play golf. I'm not very good at it, but I do enjoy going out with some friends and playing.

A handicap? I usually shoot in the 90s -- or right at about 100. But I have a good time doing it.

We played over at Birkdale Golf Club in Huntersville [N.C.] the other day and that seemed like a nice golf course to play on. But it doesn't matter to me because any golf course is pretty cool.

4. Which show is "must see TV" for you?

Sorenson: It would either be King of the Hill or The Simpsons. Those adult cartoon comedies are pretty funny. And I love Family Guy.

5. What's No. 1 on your life's "to do" list?

Sorenson: As far as goals, it would probably be winning a Nextel Cup championship, as far as my racing career.

I haven't really set a timetable for doing it. I would settle for whenever I can. It wouldn't matter to me when I did it or how long it takes, but just to be the best, I'd like to get there, at some point.

6. If you could go back in time, what period in history would you like to live in, and why?

Sorenson: It would be World War II and that era [and] just to experience what everybody in this nation had to experience to make it through a time when uncertainty was the main thing to worry about.

I think it would be interesting to see how everybody worked together to make it through something like that.

Just reading about it in school and studying that period, and seeing how everybody pulled together, and how everybody just did their part to do what they had to do to defend our freedom is something pretty cool and that I'd like to have seen.

7. What would you consider to be your No. 1 guilty pleasure?

Sorenson: Eating a lot because I really like to eat, a lot. And I like to eat anything.

I try to eat healthy stuff, but I enjoy eating candies and stuff like that a lot, too. Skittles is probably my favorite brand of candy.

8. What's the most embarrassing moment you'll own up to, either in or out of racing?

Sorenson: I don't really have too many embarrassing moments in the racecar, at least that I can remember. Somehow, I think my parents might have a couple that they could share. But I don't really remember any.

Some of the other ones, I probably shouldn't talk about.

9. Who is the coolest or most impressive person or celebrity you've had the opportunity to meet?

Sorenson: Well, I haven't gotten to meet too many celebrities yet, but the other week [at Atlanta] I got to talk to Deuce Bigelow [Rob Schneider] and David Spade and I don't know the other guy's name that played in Napoleon Dynamite [Jon Heder].

But I met those guys and Rob was pretty cool because he actually started talking about racing with me instead of doing like a lot of guys like that will just do with you -- they'll just blow you off and shake your hand or whatever.

But we started talking about racing and he was asking me all kinds of questions about it, so that was pretty cool.

10. What time do you go to bed most nights, and on the other end, what time do you get up most mornings?

Sorenson: It varies. I go back and forth, but I'd probably have to say I go to bed somewhere between 11 and 12 at night and I get up anywhere between 7 and 9:30 in the morning.

It depends on the situation. If I've got something early I have to do I have to get up no matter what but if I don't have anything, sometimes I'll sleep in a little bit. It all depends.

Source: Nascar.com
Read AutoNews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home