All Nascar Racing News

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Brian Vickers Mailbag: Who are you, anyway?

Brian Vickers Mailbag: Who are you, anyway?Brian Vickers heads to Richmond with plenty of momentum. After a third-place run last weekend at Talladega,
Vickers jumped five spots to 14th in the Nextel Cup Series standings, 416 points behind leader -- and teammate -- Jimmie Johnson.

Q: Darrell Waltrip was talking about where drivers position their hands on the steering wheel. so just wondering, where do ya put your hands on the wheel and do it change from track to track?? -- Becca, N.D.

Vickers: My hands stay the same at most racetracks. I like to have my hands at 10 o'clock and 3, maybe 10 and 4. With the way the cars are set up, when you're going down the straightaway, the wheel is turned slightly to the right with my hands at 10 and 4. When I get into the corner and turn the wheel, my hands are then at about 8 and 2."

Q: I was just wondering, when was the first Cup race that you attended as a spectator? Where was it? How old were you? -- Lovinvickers25, Parts Unknown

Vickers: No, I don't remember my actual first race because I was so young. The first race I do remember going to was The Winston at Lowe's Motor Speedway back when Kyle Petty turned Dale [Earnhardt] coming off Turn 4 and then turned Davey Allison coming across the start/finish line. That's the night I became a Kyle Petty fan.

Q: My brother noticed your red hair and now he keeps calling you Irish. So my question is are you Irish? -- Natalie, Parts Unknown

Vickers: Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure I'm not Irish. My family, the Vickers family, came from England. I even have the Vickers family crest at home. My mom's side and my grandfather, they're one-quarter Native American.

Q: Who is your favorite comedian if you have one? -- Jill, Parts Unknown

Vickers: Hmm ... that's a tough one. I can't pick just one, there's so many. Adam Sandler is definitely at the top of the list followed by Jim Carrey. Will Ferrell is way up there on the list along with his cast of characters from Old School and Wedding Crashers.

Q: If you could go back in the past and race with any driver (dead or alive) who would it be and why? -- Lisa, Maryland

Vickers: It's hard to compare drivers from different eras and from different series. Ayrton Senna [Formula One] because I'd like to see what he was about. Dale Earnhardt would be an awesome one to be able to go back and race for obvious reasons, but you can go anywhere in the world and people know Ayrton Senna. I've always heard amazing stories about Senna and have even read a book about him.

Source: Nascar.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home